Create Your Own Emergency Survival Kit!
Have you ever wondered how to make your own 'Emergency Survival Kit"? Check out the following YouTube video from the American Red Cross featuring actress and volunteer Jaimie Lee Curtis:
American Red Cross: Let's Make a Survival Kit with Jamie Lee Curtis
Along with the above video, featured below is information on the basics you should have to be prepared.
For more information, please visit: https://www.ready.gov/plan
A basic emergency supply kit could include the following recommended items:
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Manual can opener for food
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger
Thank you for visiting and call SERVPRO of Port Charlotte at 941-629-0966 for more tips or information on how to prepare you home or business with an Emergency Ready Plan.