Charlotte County, Be Hurricane Prepared - September is National Preparedness Month
Plan to Stay in Business! Preparedness Planning for Your Business - Businesses and their staff face a variety of hazards:
- Natural hazards like floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, and earthquakes.
- Health hazards such as widespread and serious illnesses like the flu.
- Human-caused hazards including accidents and acts of violence.
- Technology-related hazards like power outages and equipment failure.
There is much that a business leader can do to prepare his or her organization for the most likely hazards. The Ready Business program helps business leaders make a preparedness plan to get ready for these hazards.
Ready Business Toolkits
The Ready Business Toolkit series includes hazard-specific versions for earthquake, hurricane, inland flooding, power outage, and severe wind/tornado. Toolkits offer business leaders a step-by-step guide to build preparedness within an organization. Each toolkit contains the following sections:
- Identify Your Risk
- Develop A Plan
- Take Action
- Be Recognized and Inspire Others
Read more about how prepare your business at the following link: https://www.ready.gov/