Recent Biohazard Posts
Port Charlotte Commercial Biohazard Trauma Scene Cleanup Service
Call on SERVPRO of Port Charlotte for any trauma or biohazard cleanup service need at your business.
Accidents and trauma scenes rank among the most stressful events that a business can have happen on their property. OSHA regulations demand adherence to specific research-based protocols to ensure safety during cleanup and to provide a thoroughly disinfected environment for your business operations.
Biohazard & Trauma Scene Cleanup Best Practices
Containment of the affected area and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) during the cleanup process are required. We observe local rules concerning biohazard disposal for safety. SERVPRO of Port Charlotte technicians complete comprehensive training and our products, protocols, and equipment exceed expectations.
Transferability of Skills
Often the areas contaminated in a commercial building has porous building materials. To be sure we remove all blood and fluids, intensive flushing and/or removal of building materials is critical. SERVPRO’s proven proficiency in containment processes and removal of contamination permits us to eradicate biohazards safely and completely. Our crews are experts in disinfection and structural drying, as well.
Care and Compassion
SERVPRO employees are acutely aware of the need to balance speedy and biohazard & trauma scenes with sensitivity for the ordeal experienced by those touched by the tragedy. We work hard to respond with respect and compassion in the aftermath of a devastating event. Taking care of the details helps streamline the process.
After a severe trauma event at your business, when you call SERVPRO of Port Charlotte, we will provide proper cleaning techniques, application of EPA-registered disinfectants, and the lawful disposal of biohazard and contaminated material. Your business can rely on fast, professional, and discreet response when you call SERVPRO of Port Charlotte 941-629-0966
Call SERVPRO of Port Charlotte for your Sewage and Toilet Overflow Cleanup and Restoration
Do not wait to call for help when your home or office experiences a sewage backup or toilet overflow!
When a sewage backup or toilet overflow happens in your home or office, trying to cleanup without the right tools and expertise can be dangerous. Sewage cleanup is considered an emergency since the water may contain viruses, bacteria, and other microbes that cause serious illnesses. SERVPRO of Port Charlotte has the specialized training and equipment to quickly and safely clean contaminants like sewage.
When choosing a biohazard cleanup company, consider their experience and training. As a cleanup and restoration company, SERPVO of Port Charlotte has the ability to handle a wide range of pathogens and will ensure the cleanup process will go smoothly regardless of any unexpected developments.
Sewage backups pose significant property damage and health risks. SERVPRO is an Institute of Inspection, Cleaning, and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certified firm with Applied Microbial Remediation Technicians. Their biohazard cleanup crew can remove the sewage, clean all surfaces, and eliminate odors along with harmful microorganisms.
WHAT TO DO IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING A SEWAGE BACKUP
Following are several steps that should be taken in order to help prevent the sewage backup from spreading.
- Be sure to remove any children, pets, and seniors from the home. Do not allow them back into the area until the damage is completely fixed and safe.
- Keep yourself safe by putting on any protective clothing such as rubber boots, rubber gloves, eye protection, a face mask, and more.
- If the distribution panel is above water, switch off the electricity by using a dry wooden stick and rubber gloves.
- Turn off the water in your home, and do not use any water for bathing, drinking, washing hands or dishes, and others. This water may be contaminated.
- You may need to contact your utility companies and have them shut off the supply to your home if you cannot safely turn them off yourself.
- Open your home’s doors and windows to allow proper air ventilation. You won’t want to use your home’s AC as this will spread contaminated air throughout your home.
- Remove any items from the area that are dry and not contaminated.
- You can add small amounts of chlorine bleach into the standing water to slightly disinfect.
- Contact your insurance company and notify them of the backup. You’ll want to take pictures of any damage that the sewage backup caused. This will come in handy as proof when filing your claim.
- Never attempt to unclog the drains. You will need to clean up the sewage spill before taking any further action.
For 24/7 service for any water damage, sewage backup, and toilet overflow, call SERPVRO of Port Charlotte at 941-629-0966
Crime Scene, Biohazard, & Vandalism Cleanup
The professionals from SERVPRO of Venice can handle any biohazard, vandalism, or crime scene cleanup at your property.
SERVPRO of Port Charlotte is a recognized leader in the fire and water damage restoration industry, but we also provide biohazard, crime scene and vandalism cleanup for both commercial and residential properties.
Biological and chemical substances can be extremely dangerous when exposed to within a home or commercial property. If it’s not professionally assessed and removed, biohazard materials can leave you with a dangerous environment for those who live and or work within it.
The certified and experienced technicians at SERVPRO of Port Charlotte are equipped to appropriately remove biohazard materials safely while disposing of them properly per state and local health agency guidelines.
SERVPRO of Port Charlotte uses advance equipment and techniques that deal with the following:
If you are in need of a biohazard cleanup, call SERVPRO of Port Charlotte, 941-629-0966.
We are available 24/7 for your biohazard, crime scene, or vandalism emergency.